1) I have received my membership pack but am still waiting for my PRC (Personal Record Card) to arrive. How can I obtain attendance signatures in the meantime?
Whilst waiting for your PRC from the MSA you may go to their website here in order to print off a continuation sheet. Put your name at the top and the Post Chief will give you a signature for each day attended. This sheet may then be stapled into your PRC once it arrives.
2) I have sent my invoice off to claim my subsidy – how long does it take to process?
Please allow up to 28 days for the subsidy claim to be processed and arrive in your account.
3) Why are some meetings already ‘full’ for marshals?
Some very popular meetings attract high numbers of marshals so a limit is imposed on numbers for safety reasons. In order to secure a place on such meetings be sure to apply early in the season.
4) May I use my ticket and guest ticket on days that I am not marshalling?
No, the tickets for you and your guest are only to be used on the day that you are marshalling.
5) I have received an email from a club that find they need more marshals for an imminent meeting – why should I volunteer if I am free?
If a meeting clashes with another big event, or some marshals have had to pull out for reasons of their own, a club may find that it is short on numbers of marshals thereby putting the running of the event at risk. Your help would be greatly appreciated and ensure that the event goes ahead. Also, with fewer marshals, trainees, in particular, will find that they are given a chance to take more responsibility and gain valuable experience.