Parents of children under 18 years of age should be aware of the following guidance notes before reading the Motorsport UK Under 18 Marshal Policies (link below).
- The parents need to be with their child all through the meeting or to nominate a guardian prior to the meeting using the Motorsport UK form.
- That not all Clubs or Circuits accept cadets and that differing clubs have a differing definition of the upper age limit some use 16, some use 18 – the legal limit is 18.
- That the numbers for any meeting may be restricted by the number of people available to supervise.
- That the duties their child undertakes will be limited to none hazardous areas.
- That Motor Sport is dangerous and even though the cadets duties are strictly limited there will always be a small element of danger.
- That some clubs will restrict working on the bank to those 18 and over
- That some clubs may insist on the parent/guardian being with the cadet all day
- Here are the Motorsport UK Under 18 Marshal Policies