A few reminders and announcements for this month….starting with:
Social Media. The MSA have created guidelines to assist users avoid some of the common pitfalls that can arise and to help social media to be used in a responsible way. This is for your protection – please think twice before posting! (https://www.msauk.org/assets/msasocialmediaguidelines-6.pdf)
- Don’t write something that you wouldn’t be prepared to say to someone.
- When posting on a social media website, assume that anybody can access that post.
- Determine whether you are participating in a personal or official capacity and consider whether your opinions and activity are appropriate in that context.
- Remember that participating in social media results in your comments being permanently available and open to being re-published by other media outlets. It should be assumed that anything published in social media will remain available indefinitely, even if it is deleted from the original site.
- You should be mindful at all times that MSA regulations and UK law continue to be applicable in the online environment.
Regional committee AGMs are in the process of taking place – your chance to have a say and get involved locally. Or how about attending the National AGMs??
BRMC – 37th AGM at Twycross Village Hall, Leicestershire on Sun 26 Nov at 14:00
BMMC – 60th AGM at The Jury’s Inn, Milton Keynes on Sun 3 Dec at 14:00
I am pleased to advise that there is no increase in the annual subscriptions for 2018 and renewals are now open. Details have been sent by email.
Events and dates are being planned and confirmed – watch out for further updates on the website training page and regional newsletters etc.
As a Club we wish to record our our very grateful thanks to the organisers of Kop Hill Climb and Donington Park for their recent donations of £2,000 and £1,200 respectively. In both instances these donations reflect the ongoing support our members have provided.
Finally – we are pleased to offer a monthly prize draw to our members. I will select at random a member from our database, whose name will appear on a specially created page on the website. By logging on you will be able to find out if it’s you! Contact me to claim your prize of an item of clothing from our Teamwear range. Remember to check your log on details via the website and volunteering database. First draw to take place within the next 10 days!
How exciting – let the fireworks commence!