If you are intending to marshal at any event outside mainland UK it is strongly advised that you request BMMC EMR insurance cover.
Standard holiday insurance policies will not give cover if the Insurer discovers the need for repatriation derives from a motorsport incident, and they have not been asked in advance to cover this risk (which they probably will not).
The policy on offer from BMMC, for fully paid up members covers this specific risk, for a single premium of £20. Cover will be effective from the date BMMC issues confirmation until expiry of the Club’s Personal Accident and Emergency Medical Repatriation policies on 31st December. Cover has now been increased to a maximum £75,000 per person.
Cover should be requested as soon as an event has been booked, as follows:-
- Pay £20.00 by BACS to account BMMC Ltd, account number 71061968, bank HSBC 40-39-11. Quote reference EMRsurname.
- Send an email headed BMMC-EMR REQUEST to email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com State –
- Full name as per your passport.
- BMMC membership number.
- Date £20 paid via BACS.
- Date of first UK departure.
- It must be understood that this policy is of a personal accident type and as such cover will not extend to any event arising out of a pre-existing medical condition. Medical information is no longer required.
Upon receipt of all of the above BMMC will issue an email confirming cover and provide contact details in the event of any difficulty and/or potential claim.
Members must be aware that BMMC is not acting as an insurance broker and all information and advice is provided to the best of our knowledge and without recourse.
As with our Personal Accident policy, insurance cover will only apply if the event at which you marshal is properly organised and that would normally mean it is run under the auspices of a club/organisation recognised by the country’s motor sport governing body and/or F.I.A.